Cooking TipWhen grating fresh cheeses, make sure the cheese is cold and not at room temperature. This makes the process easier as the cheese will be hard and will not crumble.
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 100 g Wildwood (grated)
- 100 g Grand Trunk (grated)
- 100 g Homecoming (grated)
- 500 g pasta elbows (cooked)
- 125 ml sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- dash of pepper (to taste)
- Melt butter in a wide pan over medium heat. Add flour, stir with whisk until thick paste forms (2-3 minutes).
- Stir in cream, bring mixture to simmer, stirring until the sauce becomes thick.
- Add Grand Trunk, Homecoming, and Wildwood, stirring until cheeses are melted and sauce is smooth.
- Add pasta, stir well to combine.
- Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper, cook until combined and hot (2-3 minutes).
Print this Recipe