Cooking TipUse a heavy-based sauce pan or casserole dish, it will help prevent any burning of the rice as you cook it.
- 8 cups (2 L) vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 ½ cups (600 ml) Arborio Rice
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 pinch ground turmeric or mild curry powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 150 g Game Changer White cheese (grated or cubed)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- In a sauce pan, bring stock to a boil. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring often.
- Stir in rice, salt, pepper and turmeric. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Using a ladle, add 1/2 cup of hot stock at a time, stirring constantly. Wait until liquid is absorbed before adding more. Adjust heat as necessary to maintain a simmer. Continue cooking and stirring the rice, adding stock 1/2 cup at a time, for 20 - 25 minutes or until rice is tender with a firm centre and dish is creamy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and butter.
VariationsUse Game Changer White wine as part of the stock to cook the risotto. Use Game Changer Red wine as part of the stock to cook the risotto. Add Game Changer Red cheese at the end. .
Print this Recipe