Cooking TipUse a heavy-based sauce pan or casserole dish, it will help prevent any burning of the rice as you cook it.
- 8 cups (2 L) vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 ½ cups (600 ml) Arborio Rice
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 pinch ground turmeric or mild curry powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 150 g Game Changer White (grated or cubed)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- In a sauce pan, bring stock to a boil. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring often.
- Stir in rice, salt, pepper and turmeric. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Using a ladle, add 1/2 cup of hot stock at a time, stirring constantly. Wait until liquid is absorbed before adding more. Adjust heat as necessary to maintain a simmer. Continue cooking and stirring the rice, adding stock 1/2 cup at a time, for 20 - 25 minutes or until rice is tender with a firm centre and dish is creamy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and butter.
VariationsUse Game Changer white wine as part of the stock to cook the risotto.
Print this Recipe