Cooking TipWhen preparing salad, the larger the bowl the better. This allows you to fully coat the lettuce leaves and mix everything evenly.
- 1 head romaine lettuce (rinsed, dried and chopped)
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 250 g Zesty Festival (thinly cubed)
- ½ cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 2 ½ tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. dried mustard
- ¼ tsp. Italian herb mix
- ¾ tsp. salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- In a large salad bowl, combine romaine lettuce, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and cheese.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, herb mix, salt and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
Print this Recipe