St. Marys Ontario
GAME CHANGER RISOTTO
• 8 cups (2L) vegetable or chicken stock
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 medium onion (minced)
• 1 garlic clove (minced)
• 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) Arborio Rice
• ¾ tsp. salt
• 1 ground tumeric or mild curry powder
• 1 pinch black pepper
• 150 g Game Changer White Cheese (Grated or Cubed)
• 2 tbsp. butter
1. In saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Reduce heat to low to
2. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often, or until soft.
3. Stir in rice, salt, pepper and turmeric. Cook, stirring constantly,
for 2 minutes.
4. Using a ladle, add ½ cup hot stock at a time, stirring constantly. Wait until liquid is absorbed before adding more. Adjust heat as necessary to maintain a simmer. Continue cooking and stirring the rice, adding stock ½ cup at a time, for 20 – 25 minutes or until the rice is tender with a firm centre and dish is creamy.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and butter.