St. Marys Ontario
Cheese Fondue for Two
1. Cut French bread into 1" cubes and set the table before you start heading the fondue.
2. Rub the caquelon (fondue pan) with half a clove of garlic, cut into small pieces and leave in thee caquelon (fondue pan).
3. Mix Grand Trunk, Wildwood and Homecoming with cornstarch in caquelon (fondue pan), add wine and lemon juice.
4. With constant stirring, heat up until the cheese is melted
5. Add kirsch brandy (optional), season with pepper and nutmeg
6. Place the caquelon (fondue pan) over a small spirit burner to keep he fondue at boiling point.
7. Dip the bite size, cubed French bread into the fondue using a long handled fork.
8. Stir the fondue every time you dunk a piece of break so the fondue does not burn to the bottom of the caquelon (fondue pan).